5 Reminders Every Project Leader Should Staple On Their Desk To Meet A Looming Deadline
- Plan ahead. Make a plan and stick to it. Keep a clear and updated project backlog, break down tasks into simple steps, and assign ownership.
- Track progress closely. Regular progress tracking and reporting is critical for success, identify obstacles, and keep stakeholders informed. Use a basic project management tool like Excel and hold regular check-ins.
- Communicate clearly and often. Communicate project status, risks, and concerns in a straightforward and honest way to all stakeholders. Use simple language and plain charts.
- Watch out for risks. Assess and monitor project risks, make changes as needed to stay on track. Anticipate problems, allocate resources, and keep stakeholders informed.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Encourage collaboration and open communication, make sure everyone has the information they need to succeed. Hold regular team meetings, foster cross-functional collaboration, and promote a culture of continuous learning and improvement.