3 Communication Frameworks From 3 Masters of Dialogue To Improve Your Relationships At Work
Arguably the world’s most valuable skill is communication.
Unfortunately, the fast-paced and busy nature of today’s world keeps people from ever learning how to communicate effectively.
Here are 3 communication frameworks that will save you dozens of painful hours trying to master communication yourself:
Framework #1 — Empathy by Stephen Covey
Hearing this completely changed the way I thought about communication.
According to Stephen Covey, all you have to do is:
- Seek first to understand
- Then to be understood
- Ask questions to clarify understanding
Framework #2 — Energy by Tony Robbins
Hang this up in your room somewhere.
- Speak with conviction
- Use vivid language to engage the audience
- Match the energy of your communication partner
Framework #3 — Rapport by Dale Carnegie
This the Bible of communication.
- Show genuine interest in the other person
- Avoid criticism and negative language
- Use humor to build rapport and make a connection