1 Habit All Successful People In Project Management Have In Common
Most successful people share the same handful of things in common:
- They are disciplined with their time
- They know how to stay focused on one goal at a time
- They have mentors and other wise people they can turn to for advice
- They have mastered one (or multiple) valuable skills
But in the software industry in particular, I have noticed that the most successful project managers have this 1 habit in common:
And here’s why:
Projects are an evolving species. Things change constantly. It’s impossible to “know” everything all the time.
The variability in project demands an unwavering ability to ask, seek, and find answers to obscure conversations, so that they root out any ambiguity in the projects they are working on.
- What’s that?
- What does that mean?
- Who needs to know about that?
The best project managers ask questions.